Our seat cover kits are produced with an emphasis on originality. The materials are top quality for many year’s service. Seams, ribbing, etc., are based on original seats.
We recommend that installation be done by a professional upholstery company. However, if you wish to do it yourself, here are several important steps to follow:
1. Seat springs must be in original condition. No breaks, sags, etc.
2. Over springs, place one layer of burlap.
3. Over burlap, place two layers of cotton padding. Cotton must extend down over edges of outer springs.
4. Place vinyl cover over padding. Stretch evenly to eliminate wrinkles. Press special C shape clips at rear of springs to permanently hold cover in place.
5. If clips are put in place with pliers, cover the end with tape or equivalent to lessen chances to vinyl tears.
6. Wrinkles from storage will normally disappear in several days.